Monday, November 30, 2009

Heroin - S/T


Heroin was a short-lived but influential underground hardcore punk/emo band, originating in San Diego in 1989. They were forerunner of the screamo subgenre of hardcore punk and were known for their complicated, difficult-to-digest explosion of carcinogenic guitar noise, almost unbearably fast drums, heart attack-inducing rhythms, and screamed, frantic vocals. Their lyrics were invariably intelligent and perceptive, sometimes even poetic.

Alright, so that’s basically some copypasta from wikipedia and Heroin’s page on Gravity Records. I don’t really find them too “difficult-to-digest”, and I don’t find they have “unbearably fast drums”, and I don’t find they have “screamed, frantic vocals.” Still, seriously though. I love this band. This is one of their self titled releases which I got from a friend who got it from a friend. I can’t find it uploaded anywhere or on any blogs, so enjoy this.
“You have to live with yourself, or not at all.”


No comments:

Post a Comment